Monday 7 May 2007

Marathon 3 - Stratford upon Avon, Sunday 29th April

Considering the weather forecast was very hot for the day, they most definately got it wrong for Stratford. As for running, the weather was perfect, but it was very cold towards the end and the strong wind extracted what little heat I had left in my batterd body after this one. I was pleased with my time however, 7 minutes quicker than London the week before, comming over the finish line in just over 3hrs 42mins. It wasn't the easiest of courses that I have ran either. I am not a lover of multi-lap marathons, especially when you have to run long demanding hills twice, as we did in this one. The worst part though, was the mentally torturing 6 or 7 miles or so on an old disused railway track.

The support that I recieved on the day, however, more than made up for it. Thanks to my family, and Paulas, for enduring the cold weather. Thanks also to Anns Husband John, along with Sean, Martha, Bonnie and Isaac McCallion. You would not believe how my spirits were lifted when I saw you on the final stretch. And finally, thanks Rachel, Sam and baby Alfie for comming to support me. Just because you did a 20 mile training run in the morning Rachel, you could have still made the effort to run the second half with me!!

No comments: