Monday 23 April 2007

Marathon 2 - London, Sunday 22nd April

Two down and just two to go! After feeling how I did after this marathon, I was just not looking forward to the next two, I can tell you. Well, I suppose it was a bit warm and considering it was the hottest London marathon ever, 8o deg. on the course, I could be forgiven for my feelings - and my legs were still tired from my epic adventure the week before. I finished in 3hrs 49mins and I was more than pleased with that. But my claim to fame…I SHARED A SHOWER WITH SALLY GUNNELL!! Yes, as true as I was riding my bike in yesterday’s event! Seriously, we had a short chat when she ran along side me and then I ran the last 4 miles with her and was even seen on TV running shoulder to shoulder along Bird Cage Walk, just before the finish line. The shower, unfortunately, was one of a number provided alongside the road for runners to pass through, as I did with Sally....unfortunately, I had forgotten the soap. Maybe next time Sal!

Now on to Stratford upon Avon this Sunday for my next marathon ….

Congratulations to Paula, my wife, for a fantastic run and an excellent time considering her circumstances. The old bird came in at 3hrs 56mins, just 7 minutes behind me. Well done Paula!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you say old bird....